Before I became completely enthralled by video games, I used to play with actual toys and dolls! I know, so old school. I even gave all of them backstories that told tales of great feats, but none of them ever matched the greatness of… Buzz Lightyear! To illustrate, let’s go through my memories of my toy chest… Spencer the dog comes from a long line of secret agent show dogs? Well, Buzz is a space ranger. Ken the knight defeated the evil sentient macaroni army? Buzz is trained in several forms of martial arts and highly skilled in hand-to-hand combat. Although I’m not sure if that says more about Buzz or my lackluster imagination.
Thankfully you don’t need to come up with heroic characters, because you can step into Buzz’s space shoes in the new Lightyear DLC* for
is available now on Minecraft Marketplace!
In the Lightyear DLC, you get to play through Buzz’s origin story and help him navigate an alien planet after an unfortunate crash landing. You can play through five missions as this Academy-trained hero, including a hostile jungle, a swamp, and a mine, as well as various alien settlements. Throughout each mission, you have to navigate the terrain while fighting enemies and several bosses using various gadgets. Between missions, you get to fly different aircraft and must avoid obstacles to safely get to your next objective. Even though “safely” is a very relative term on an inhospitable alien planet.
The DLC also includes a free Lightyear-themed Character Creator item, so make sure you head to the Dressing Room to check it out!
Due to a recent battle with Emperor Zurg, this DLC is not currently available for purchase on the Nintendo Switch system. Have no fear, the space rangers are on their way! Lightyear will be available on Nintendo Switch soon.
Can you help Buzz escape the strange planet? What kind of beings live there? Will I ever be able to go 30 seconds without crashing my spaceship? Find out the answer to the first two questions by downloading the Lightyear DLC from Minecraft Marketplace.
*Requires the latest version of Minecraft: Bedrock Edition (sold separately) and access to Minecraft Marketplace.
The first pre-release for 1.19.1 is now available. This release contains a few bugfixes, an increased cooldown for Allay duplication, and it also contains a new UI if you have been banned for violating the Minecraft Community Standards.
On the topic of community standards and the recent introduction of the chat reporting feature, we’re working on creating a help article that aims to add some context surrounding the functionality.
All of this said, if everything goes as planned, we plan to release the update next Tuesday on June 28th.
CHANGES IN 1.19.1 PRE-RELEASE 1
- Allay duplication now has a 5-minute cooldown
- Along with the support for reporting chat, reported players can now be banned from online play and Realms after moderator review
- The game will show a notice screen on startup if you have been banned from online play
- The reason for the ban is shown as well as how long the ban is valid for
FIXED BUGS IN 1.19.1 PRE-RELEASE 1
- MC-249973 – Loading resource packs is significantly slower in 1.19
- MC-252327 – World list fails to load after restarting game and deleting a world
- MC-252508 – Realms worldgen type missing language string
- MC-253055 – Resource packs causing each WeighedSoundEvents to duplicate Sounds
- MC-253102 – Chat reporting uses “Messages” for one message
- MC-253105 – Chat report category scroll bar intersects the selected option outline
- MC-253108 – Selection boxes within the “Select Report Category” menu aren’t vertically centered with the text inside them
- MC-253109 – The descriptions of report categories can overlap the “Description:” subtitle
- MC-253110 – Text within the “Discard report and comments?” menu isn’t horizontally centered
- MC-253111 – You cannot use CTRL+HOME or CTRL+END to navigate to the beginning or end of text within the “Report Chat” menu
- MC-253113 – Chat message content can extend past the outline of a button and past the scroll bar
- MC-253123 – The button within the “Sending your report” menu changes upon resizing the game window
GET THE PRE-RELEASE
Pre-releases are available for Minecraft: Java Edition. To install the pre-release, open up the Minecraft Launcher and enable snapshots in the “Installations” tab.
Pre-releases can corrupt your world, so please make a backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar:
Report bugs here:
Want to give feedback?